Friday, February 28, 2014

Getting out, Woo Hoo

Ok, so I didn’t get out of jail ..... It is 4:00 PM Fri. And I hope to get out tomorrow, again tomorrow. The infectious disease people have finally made a decision, and are trying to arrange a self administered IV of something referred to as Vinco.  It is a heavy duty antibiotic..... 2 - 6 weeks depending on test to be taken in a couple of weeks. The big question, has the infection reached my heart..... fairly serious stuff I am thinking.

Apparently my infection (s) are somewhat rare and/or hard to eradicate. Just lucky, I guess.

It is hard to believe, but the folks here have made my trip possible. It involves  deliveries of meds and an IV pump to me in Valencia tomorrow, and then meds again in Clearfield, and lab work to be done in Hershey Pa. This has all hit the fan within the last 3-4 hours, and at one point, I had 2 calls on 2 different phones, blood being drawn from my left arm, and a nurse working on my IV line in my right arm...... kind of like a SNL skit.

My chemo has just been started, and will be finished this evening. Tomorrow morning I will have a “pick” line (deep vein IV that will last the 6 weeks if necessary) installed, and then be out of here.

I just found out that my Medicare part D prescription plan will not pay any of the cost of the “home meds” that I need..... just an extra $700..... I’m not sure why I am paying a monthly fee, if they pay nothing.

Karen has been an angel during this ordeal, I can’t say enough good things. Thanks also to Terri Lynn, who has been handling my Frazier Park business. It is easy to get caught up in the “bad” of my situation, but in spite of the nasty parts, I am thankful for the people that have stepped up to help me

 Dinner will be coming soon..... lobster tail with drawn butter and a baked potato..... USC does a great job.

2 comments:

Russell said...

Have a great trip! You deserve some fun time!

JC said...

Thanks Russ