Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009

Not much to report on the medical front..... It turns out that my will is strong, but my body, not so much. It seems that my desire to “get back to normal”, and do all of the things that I used to enjoy doing, is a bit premature. I tire easily, and do not recover quickly. I am thinking that this is a result of my recent medical battering..... at least I hope so, god forbid that I am just getting old.

And now..... for the travelogue!!!!!

I am in Arkansas with about 25 other Win's, camped on the banks of the White river. I have been working religiously on my “stress reduction” and rehabilitation. (see attached photos) It has rained nearly every day, which has limited the kayak activities, but not slowed down the other stuff.... BBQ/potluck, campfire, caverns, country music, decorating Kurt, mountain music, dancing, laundry, Walmart, post office, etc...... I know most of these folks from winters in the west. It kind of has the feeling of a reunion, which feels familiar after the culture shock of Pa, and the subject matter of my humor has once again expanded. Apparently, people that spend all of their time traveling the back roads of the country are not easily offended.

I will try to post some pictures, and some links to other Win member blogs. The other blogs may help explain to my family and friends why I just drove 1000 miles to be here.

I am off into an even more remote part of Arkansas, and don't know if I will have cell service or internet. Don't worry, I am among friends.....



Blanchard Caverns



Free music



Campfire



Kayakers



Work in progress



Decorated Kurt

No comments: