Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

NOTE, My medical adventure is on hold for a while, well, there is the “stress relief thing, but regardless, this blog may morph into a travelogue for a time. Maybe not though, I might be too busy. I have noticed the most remarkable thing..... I am enjoying writing these little blurbs, (pause for a moment for my school teachers and classmates to regain their composure). I would have thought this to be the least likely result of my situation. For now, it is an interesting solo activity that can be done from anywhere on the planet..... we will see if this endures.

Well, I arrived safely in Mountain View, Arkansas..... the campground is really beautiful, and the Win's are beginning to gather. Just a few at first, but expect around 40 by Wed. Life is about to get busy. The activities planned for this week would fill about 2 months of any normal life, but is just “business as usual” for this energetic outfit. I discovered many years ago, that I am just not a self starter when it comes to leisure activities, maybe a result of the physical work in which I was usually involved. I also discovered years ago, if you are bad at something that needs to, or wants to be done, find someone who is good at it, and hire them, befriend them, or just follow them around.... seems simple, but took me years to figure it out.

Oh yeah, TRAVEL TIP..... If invited as the “guest of honor”, don't go, I repeat, don't go to a “banjo party” anywhere near the Ozark mountains. What Erv and Orville had planned was just completely out of the question, although, upon reflection, it wasn't much different than what I have been paying the doctors and nurses to do.

When I realized what was intended, I got very nervous until I realized that, though there were two of them, I controlled more IQ points than they did, and thus, had the advantage. I first made them nervous by telling them that the “swine flu” was an STD, and that, depending on their recent activities, should seek medical attention ASAP. I then made my escape when they let me go into my rig to get more beer, and some naked pictures of Sarah Palin. (Sorry about that last item, but I was desperate. I apologize to republicans, and decent mountain folk everywhere.)

5 comments:

Terrilynn said...

Hi John,

You are so witty.....you never seem to lose that in sight of everything. Wish I could have been there to witness your latest adventure.

Hope you find what you are looking for while traveling and meeting old and new friends. You know how I feel about you my dear friend and I want you to find happiness even if it is in the Ozarks...though I will miss you deeply.... ;-)

JC said...

No worries Terri, I don't expect to find true happiness here in the Ozarks. LOL I will be back in Ca. in about 3 months.....

Anonymous said...

So what is a "banjo party?" Excuse my ignorance, if everyone else knows.

J

JC said...

In reference to the movie "Deliverance" about city boys canoeing down a river in the south, and abused by a couple of hillbillies. The song "Dueling Banjos" came from the movie. The joke among river rats is, if you hear banjo music, paddle faster. If this doesn't do it, call Peggy

Anonymous said...

Got it! :-)