Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23, 2009

Just a quick note..... GOOD NEWS...... My Doc. just called, and recommends that I go forward with the attempt to salvage my bladder. I haven't seen the pathology report yet, so I don't yet have all of the details. He recommends a series of 6 BCG treatments, spaced 1 week apart, starting near the end of May. Then, 3 months later, a “poke and peek” to check for cancer, if clear, then a look see every 3 months for a couple of years. If not clear, or the cancer returns later, then the bladder has to go.

It is not a perfect prognosis, but could be so much worse. To give myself the best chance, I think that I will have to change my diet and lifestyle..... more fruits and vegetables, and less stress. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting your blod today and wanted you to know about it.

Congrats on the good news! Now go have a head of lettuce and an apple. :-)

JC said...

Thanks for the comment, I do need positive reinforcement.... As you will see, I am taking positive steps to health. I am currently working on reduced stress.