Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17, 2009

Well, with the steady help of Miss Garmin, I have successfully negotiated the highway system, and am safely back in Pa. The old bounder gobbled up one thousand miles in a day and a half without complaint. I will make an effort to post the last of the travelogue series soon.

I had a great 3 week break from the business of being sick, and wanted to write a cheerful piece regarding great friends, kayak trips, campfires, and handicapped raccoons on welfare, but my mind stubbornly remains fixed on the battles ahead. Medical procedures, insurance issues, RE market crash, and foreclosure battles, are all ominously looming. Historically, I have been successful fighting these kind of battles, but I believe that I have sacrificed my health in the process.

Do I attack these problems, and chance stress killing me, or avoid these issues, and chance one day find myself still sick and in poverty? An interesting paradox.... How to create and spend emotional capital? In this battle, I seem to be the general and the private, entities with conflicting goals, and nearly impossible to do both jobs well. Once again, I find that my life choices have left me in a precarious position.

The search for options begins today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in PA. I'll be there Wednesday and look forward to seeing you.

As for the push-pull of life's difficulties -- I suggest one thing at a time. :-) (Easier said than done, I know.)

J