Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010

Ok, I will make this short and sweet.... Seems that I wasn’t just miserable sick, it really was life and death. I have type 2 diabetes. I went to the Dr. and found that my blood sugar level was to high to measure (over 600).... 4 shots of insulin later..... still to high to measure..... one more shot, and blood sugar was 475. Normal is about 100-180. I guess that my next symptom would have been coma and death.

I have been to worn out to do any research regarding this condition, but will try to get some info next week.

I am sure to join a “Fear of February” support group soon.

4 comments:

pdurant said...

John - After being declared cancer free, it seems the rest of the journey would be all down hill. Oh, wait...I didn't mean that literally.

What kind of treatment will you have? Will this latest development prevent you from coming to PA next week????

I'm sorry to hear of your latest troubles. I didn't even know you were sick. Glad you sought medical advice in time.

Barbara and Ron said...

Good Grief, Charlie Brown! I know you said you weren't feeling well in your last post two weeks ago. You'd think with all the testing you had done, somebody would have noticed your blood sugar. Take care of yourself!

ladynomad said...

Who did you piss off to have all this come down on you? I'm still praying for you. You take care of yourself!

Pat said...

OK, John, it's about time your luck
turned around. Things have got to
get better from here on.!