Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

Well, it has been a couple of weeks, and there is nothing much to report...... I have had some success getting my blood sugar level into the normal range. I am still surprised how debilitating a little chemical imbalance is. I have spent my time doing only the most necessary things, and sleeping. I am still trying to figure out how to survive on the recommended diet.... no sugar, no carbohydrates, no good.

I did manage to make the trip (planned and paid for long ago) to Pa. to see my folks, and go to the high school state wrestling tournament with my siblings. I managed to climb the stairs to and from our seats, but my brother had to wheel me into and out of the arena. Humbling, to say the least.

This was my first, and hopefully last, trip as handicapped..... The airline was most accommodating, but it sure felt strange.

My houses still aren’t mine yet..... the opposing counsel is dragging his feet, and causing unnecessary delays. I suppose that billing $500 per hour is reason enough for him.

My next goal is to try and get healthy....... it has been a while.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Glad to hear you were able to take your trip back home. Keep up the good work on trying to keep your blood sugar in line.

Anonymous said...

No sugar or carbs??? Good grief,
what else is there to eat?? Darn!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hugs,
P.A.

Anonymous said...

Wow! you have really been through it my friend. The good news is, you're still kickin! I'll look and see if I still have my A.D.A. cookbook from my dad and send you some recipes/ You still know how to cook right?lol Keep swinging at the high ones John. Mary

JC said...

Thanks for the encouragement..... still cooking..... and kicking

I actually feel much better now. Probably the best in months.