Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009

8 weeks and counting..... I will be so glad when the passing of time will be marked by something other than a medical event.

Medically, I continue to make progress, slow, but progress just the same. My new bladder is becoming more predicable, and the holes in my belly are almost totally closed up. I am still tired and moderately depressed, but trending in the right direction. Energy, optimism, and humor are still missing in action.

Legally, I am still in the eye of the storm. BK law is complicated and convoluted, especially for beginners like me. I have 3 hearings scheduled for tomorrow, and am not sure if things will be finalized there, or just another continuance. There are 144 hearings scheduled between 1:30 and the end of the day.... doesn’t seem to leave much time for argument.

I want the judge to throw the houses in question out of the proceedings, let me foreclose, and start seeing some income. The debtor wants to keep the houses in the BK, and trickle out a bit of the money owed while waiting for the housing market to improve. The BK trustee, the guy that handles the estate money, and is supposed to broker a deal between the parties, stands to gain about $20,000 if the houses stay in the BK plan. (He gets about 10% of all money that passes through the plan.) Needless to say, he has sided with the debtor, and is opposing my motion for relief, and pushing for an unreasonable repayment plan to be confirmed. I feel a little out gunned, but who knows, David did beat Goliath after all.

I have put my insurance dispute on the back burner until I get the BK stuff sorted out, but am still trying to find an attorney to handle it on contingency.

I am making a conscious effort to direct my mind into a pleasant future...... reading/thinking about RV trips, BBQ’s, kayak adventures, and 4 wheel drive fun. I am hoping that my mind will drag me out of the doldrums.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I am so glad to hear that you are healing fairly well physically. If folk wisdom has any weight, the sooner you have a healthy body, the sooner you'll have a healthy mind. We miss you here on the east coast. Family gatherings just aren't the same without you. That's a taste of the Distanant Man Theory I've been working on, but I haven't had a chance to discuss it with any knowledgeable scholars over any holiday feasts.

I also invite you back to the the Christian calender, where the crux of history is the birth of Christ. I trust that holding that having that as the focal point of one's own history would inspire one far more than any medical procedure. We're almost in 2010 AD by that one.

Also David was on God's side, and that was his defining characteristic. Not his size vs Goliath's. Just sayin'. ;)

JC said...

Hi Luke, good to hear from you. I also miss the theoretical discussions...... I am sure that the rest of the family misses them as well.... LOL

It seems as though my own calendar has evolved ... BS, before surgery, and AS, after surgery.... Just an observation and a realization that ones focal point says something about ones state of mind. I expect/hope that I will revert soon.

Not to be argumentative, you know how I hate to argue, but..... I suggest that if God was on Goliath's side, the story would not have endured.

Once again, good to hear from you, this is when I miss family the most.