Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28,2009

Here I am in Yuma..... I arrived Sat. the 19th, and found a few wandering individuals already here. The Christmas Win rally didn’t really begin until Monday, so I had a few peaceful days to recover from the long drive getting here, and to get all of my systems up and running. I am enjoying reconnecting with friends that I have not seen since Feb.

I am really happy to be out and doing something beside being sick. The Win’s are an energetic outfit, and they seem to infect everyone who wanders into their circle. Wise doctors would likely prescribe two weeks with the Win’s as part of any recovery program.

I find myself impatient, and catch myself whining about having minimal energy. I seem to forget that only a few weeks ago, I had no energy..... half empty, half full????? Anyway, at this point, I seem headed for normal, and can’t wait to get there.

This motor home society displays an interesting dynamic that is similar to the social interaction that I remember from the “cruising sailor” world. People make friends easily, and interact completely at will..... no one is compelled to spend time with anyone, or in any particular activity..... you are not trapped by co-workers, your job, or your neighbors. Everyone is free to engage or avoid anyone. You are free to come and go without recriminations, and are free to spend your time exactly as you wish. The other side of the coin also warrants mention here.... others are free to avoid you as well.

As an observer of human nature, I find it interesting to notice the different ways that people (veterans and beginners alike) adapt to this unregulated lifestyle. I am particularly fascinated by my own actions when immersed in this environment.... a step toward self awareness, or confirmation that simple minds are easily amused??? I guess that it really doesn’t matter.

I will return to Frazier Park, and spend Jan. and Feb. working on my financial health. I have my last BK hearing on March 5, and need to begin a lawsuit against my health insurance co. I was unable to find a law firm to take my case on contingency..... I think that it is because my case likely falls under the ERISA laws, and there is no possibility of a large “bad faith” settlement. At best, I will be able to make them pay my medical bills.

I have a doctors appointment on the 5th of Jan. Which I believe is the first in a yearly search for cancerous activity in my necessary organs. As it now stands, there is only a 5-10% chance that my cancer has spread beyond my bladder..... Those are pretty good odds, and seem to have dropped the medical news off of the front page.

4 comments:

Sondra said...

I read about the WINs through Diana's blog and I hope to be as free when I retire. Good to know you are recovering and getting your life back in order! Continued good health to you.

Barbara and Ron said...

I'm sorry we missed seeing you (since we didn't go to Yuma) and that you won't be at Quartzsite where we are planning to go. But I'm glad you were able to make the trip - that in itself is quite an accomplishment when you think about it. Isn't it funny how when we're sick, we think we're never going to get better. Then as we're recovering, we forget how sick we were.

Happy New Year, John. I hope your financial health recovers as well as your physical.

JC said...

Happy New Year and thanks for the comment, maybe inpatients is a good sign ..... I may get to Q for another visit, but will have to wait and see..... JC

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you are on the mend and back on the road. Happy New Year and a better one
Mary too!