Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009

Well, it has been 9 weeks since my last invasive procedure, and the only thing scheduled is a cat scan on Jan. 5. I believe that this is a record. For the last year, every time that I started feeling better, it was another debilitating treatment of some kind. It feels odd, and probably wrong, to be so focused on my “operation”, but, after all, this is a medical information blog.

I have noticed some improvement in the energy and endurance areas, and am thinking of visiting the WIN’s in Yuma for a few days. I am not sure that I will actually do it, but I am encouraged to at least be thinking about doing something other than being sick. This last year illness has dominated my life, and I look forward to changing that this coming new year.

As I recover physically from my illness, I notice that I still need to recover from my legal and financial hangover. When feeling really sick, I am able to ignore all of the side issues, but when feeling better, they come creeping back into my mind, and keeping me awake at night. I suppose that all of this is normal.

Nothing was resolved at the BK hearing...... I think that the judge uses time to punish people that cannot come to some agreement on their own. This issue will be decided by the judge on March 5, 2010. Opposing counsel requested a full day for the hearing, and claims to need at least 3 months to prepare. The biggest issue is the value of the houses.... What makes it tough and expensive, is that paper work, (appraisals and BPO’s) cannot be used without having the people that prepared them, in court to cross examine.

I found out that the opposing counsel is being paid by the hour...... not a big deal, except that he is the one who is trying to broker a deal, and is the only one that will profit from an ongoing battle. I think that it may be useful that the process is bleeding the debtors, but I hate to see money that could be used to settle our differences, being used to promote the fight. Maybe I should contact the principals personally.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hope we see you in Yuma -- sounds like you could use some hugs!

JC said...

Thank you Diana, you are probably right.....