Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

OK, today is 7 weeks since my surgery, and I am still doing about the same. My wounds are nearly healed, and I can walk with very little pain. My new bladder is working pretty well..... daytime is almost perfect, and nighttime is a bit iffy, but getting better. My sense of humor and cheerful demeanor are still missing in action.

I am still caught in the grasp of an anesthesia hangover. Basically healthy, but tired all of the time.... no energy or endurance. I understand that this is fairly normal, and the only answer is patience. I guess that the good news is that I am on schedule, and things should get better from here.

I attended the “meeting of creditors” last Monday, regarding the RE note that I hold. The debtors counsel made a settlement offer that was not quite good enough, so we are still negotiating. It involves a sale of one house to the debtors’ step son, and it is about 50/50 that the sale is a sham, so I am not getting my hopes up. My next court date is Dec 9..... confirmation hearing, relief from stay hearing, motion to sell RE hearing. Looks like it will be a busy day.

We had our first snow of the year...... Sat. Morning, about 4 inches.... lots of fun. This reminds me that it is time to head south and to a lower elevation, but I think that I will have to wait until I feel better, and I get a better handle on my finances.

I have read this post, and notice that it lacks humor and zip..... lifeless, just information. Sorry.....

4 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

Hey, you don't always have to be a barrel of laughs. Thanks for the update. Although I'm sure it feels like you're getting nowhere, just compare where you are now vs. the day after your surgery. Good job!

JC said...

Thanks for pointing that out..... Even though it is difficult sometimes, perspective is necessary.
BTW, I really enjoy your blog, it helps keep me connected to my traveling family.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear that you're on the mend. With any luck you wil be back on the road very soon.I sure hope so as I was traveling vicariously through you!
Mary

Pat said...

Hey buddy, you've been through the worse.....it's all downhill from here.
Hope to see you soon.
I got to the Slabs yesterday, my first time here. Interesting place.
Hugs,
P.A.