Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

Two weeks have passed, and I still feel pretty good.... My energy has returned, and good things are happening. The nightmare on Elm Street appears to be over. The opposing attorney has finally filed the order granting me relief from the automatic stay.... In english, the Elm property, that the debtor didn’t pay for, is now kicked out of the BK proceedings, and I can move forward with the foreclosure sale. I will now be able to sell, or rent the houses, and start to recover some of the money that was owed to me.

I have also found an attorney to handle the dispute with Health Net. He thinks that I have a good case, and is willing to take on this case on spec..... we don’t win, he doesn’t get paid. He gets one third of any settlement, which could have me winning, and still owing money to the hospital. I am hoping for the best.

I put in a septic tank on my vacant lot on Spruce Trail... this keeps my building permit alive for another year. I am also planning a short and easy kayak trip next month.

I feels so good to be looking forward with anticipation in stead of dread........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
I am so glad to hear that you are not just feeling better but that things are looking up for you financially too. I know how hard it can be to have a poositive outlook when your wallet's sinking!
Anyway just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm still pulling for you. Mary

JC said...

Thanks Mary.....

Barbara and Ron said...

Ditto what Mary said! It's good to 'hear' you smile.

Pat said...

Wow! That's terrific news.......I'm so happy for you!
P.A.

JC said...

Thanks Barbara, Ron, and Pat..... It is so good to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have lots of catch up work to do, but may be able to get out and about, and see you guys again soon.

Claudia said...

yea!!! Finally some good news! Have fun on the kayak trip,
Are you going to join up with the WINS?

JC said...

Yup, very good news..... The kayak trip is a local (OK, near local) kayak club outing.....
It is great to have some energy again...

JC