Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17, 2010

Hello to all of my loyal friends who still check my blog...... I fear that this blog may have lost it’s reason for being..... My health is returning, and health updates are less and less necessary. I suppose that this could morph into a general info / travel blog. I guess that time will tell.

I am now the owner of two nearly new houses..... WOO Hoo..... The paperwork was finally done, (a little over a year from the original default) and the foreclosure sale was completed on Tues. Morning, April 13. I am now busily cleaning and fixing, and trying to get these houses ready for rent and/or sale. It is good work for me, as it is not too strenuous, and I can rest when I need to.

I have finally removed myself from my “sick spot” across the street from my good friends Carl and Kathy. They can now see the mountains without a motor home in the foreground, and I am once again parked on land that I own. I have moved into the driveway of my new two story house that is for sale. 40 foot driveway, and 36 foot motor home.... with trailer hitch and bumpers, not much room left over.



For those of you that don’t have an RV, have never lived in super small space, and have never used your super small living space as a law office...... you absolutely must be well organized, and keep your living/working space neat... a place for everything, and everything in its place. It is best to straighten up every few days, keep your paper work up to date, and throw away all unnecessary items weekly. (One good way to accomplish this is to move your house every few weeks. This may be the reason that the Win’s travel so much..... just a thought.)

Now for my world.....


At my best, I am not well organized, neat, or prone to keep my paper work up to date. Add in being sick, tired and depressed for most of the last year, and include staying parked in the same spot for 6 months. In spite of the best efforts of my friends, what I had was a small living space disaster, and a motor home in crisis. I was way behind in routine maintenance, and I am sure that the legal papers alone put me over the recommended GVWR.

I will spare you the details, but I will mention that it took 2 days to get this old motor home ready to travel a few miles. I have now resolved, every 2-3 months at the longest, change my scenery and put on some miles. Yes indeed folks, an excellent reason to get out on the road again.....

8 comments:

pdurant said...

Finally....! Congratulations for getting your houses and your health back, and nearly at the same time.

How's the blood sugar doing?

The green house is one...is the blue house in front of it the other one or the tan house on the left?

Your law office doesn't look a whole lot different than mine! I keep hoping to get organized some day...must be genetic.

JC said...

My blood sugar is pretty much under control, but still does things that I don't understand..... sometimes gets very low between breakfast and lunch.

The tan house on the left is the second one.... 1000 sq.ft. manufactured house. No longer new, had tenants for a year and and a half. Two broken door frames... domestic disputes I think.

Yeah, that's it..... a genetic defect.... LOL

ladynomad said...

Yeah, glad to hear you so up beat! Hope to come out to play this summer with the WINs.

Pat said...

Now that's the old John I know!
Keep it up, buddy,
P.A.

JC said...

Thank you Judy and patty Ann

Barbara and Ron said...

Please continue your blog. I think all your readers would love a general info/travel blog. You're an excellent writer and always have an interesting take on things. (Like moving in order to force a cleanup - HA!)

Anyway, not to embarrass you or anything, but I just want to say how much I admire your guts in creating this blog and sharing your cancer experience and thoughts along the way. It was truly inspirational to me.

BTW, I like your rolling coffee table. Did that come with the rig?

JC said...

Hi Barbara, Thanks for the kind thoughts....

I got the table at camping world several years ago. It not only rolls, but the sides fold down to make it smaller, and the whole thing rises up to be the height of a normal card table...... very clever.

I will show you the next time our paths cross. JC

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!!!