Friday, August 21, 2009

August 20, 2009

WARNING...... SERIOUS WHINING AHEAD!!!!!! Sorry, but it can't be helped.

First of all, sorry for not posting sooner. I generally wait until I feel inspired, and on top of things, but it just isn't happening. I have been feeling overwhelmed, and seem unable to turn things around. The wolves are still circling, and anxiety is high.

Anyway, I met with the Doc. at USC, and didn't really learn anything new, my chances are still poor...... funny, I keep changing doctors, and they keep saying the same thing. LOL I have an appointment for a “poke and peek” on Friday the 28th. I will be asleep, in the event that he needs to do some cutting, and will be happy to doze through the uncomfortable part, but not looking forward to the anesthesia hangover. I am hoping for some definite result this time.... I am worn out with the indecision.

I spent the day preparing one of my big guns in the insurance war. I am ready to send my complaint in to the Insurance Commissioner. Health Net led me and UPMC to believe that my surgeries would be covered, and now are trying to strand me with a $60,000 bill..... regardless of what they said, there is the fine print on page 42....... I have high hopes, after all, I am sure that the government will protect me from the giant corporation. LOL

Speaking of money, the guy that owes me $185,000 has filed bankruptcy. I think that it is just a delaying tactic, and expect a series of “requests for extensions”. In the end, I should get my money, or the houses. The trouble is, that I don't know if it will be a couple of months, or a couple of years.... a little something to work on in my spare time.

The good news is, I have found renters for my 2 vacant apartments. I still have some work to do getting them ready for move in, but it will be good to have them producing income again.

I must say that here, I am surrounded by long term friends. They are helpful and supportive in every way. Unfortunately, there is not much that they can do while I am embroiled in these battles. I am trying, but find it hard to be cheerful. I truly am grateful, but am not sure that it shows.

It seems that the reality here is...... life is not fair.... not news really, but I really hoped that it might be. Most of the trouble in my life has come from my own poor decisions, no fun, but well deserved. This time, I had done everything right, I had tons of insurance, money in the bank, and more on its way...... I even got solar for the MH...... what could go wrong?

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Hey, whine all you want. Its good therapy. Besides you really do have something to whine about. It's not like you have a hang nail or lost your quarter in the candy machine....

JC said...

Thanks, sometimes I just can't help myself.....

Barbara and Ron said...

Good luck on Friday - I hope you get good news. And if the Insurance Commissioner won't help, try sending a letter to the President. I'm sure he'll take care of it for you!

Hugs,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I know you are not overly religious, but I will say a prayer for you for good news tomorrow
anyway. Couldn't hurt.....
Big Hugs,
Pat

JC said...

Thank you, Thank you Thank you..... I am hoping for good news, but still anxious. It helps to know that there are friends out there.