Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28, 2009

I have reread my postings, and noticed a huge omission..... Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my family and friends, you have been a big part of the last couple of months. My family here in Pa, my friends back in Ca, and my traveling family have all bent over backward to make my life easier. I cannot express how unworthy I feel, and how grateful I am. I really hope that this event will make a permanent change in my view of the world.... less cynical, and a bit more empathetic.

In spite of my complaints with the medical industry, they have been supplying me with excellent treatment and care. Without them, I would be looking forward to a slow and painful death. With that in mind, I guess that I owe them a heartfelt thanks.

It has been almost 2 weeks since my last surgery, and 1 week since the tubes were removed from my body. People have been asking how do I feel, does it still hurt, etc..... I don't want to fall into being a complainer, but I think that it is better to put it here, than to have to tell everybody individually.

My body parts, that have been repeatedly violated by medical tools and procedures, are not back to normal, are apparently still not healed, and are doing their jobs under protest. It is not unbearable, but constantly annoying. My GI tract, which was not the subject of any procedural violation, is making some progress toward normal. I guess that the anesthesia alone has caused a huge disruption in many of my systems. Who knew that ones life would revolve around trying to constantly be within minuets of a bathroom. These are the things that they don't tell you up front...... I am not sure what would happen if they did.

I just wrote and deleted a long paragraph bitching about all of the things that are wrong with my situation. Things could be better, but they could also be so much worse. Thank goodness that I caught myself in time. Instead, I want to mention on all of the good things that are happening and will happen. Western Pa. is an lovely place, all mountains, trees, and rivers, and as I recall, spring in Pa. is a beautiful thing. It is great to be able to spend time with my family, and to reconnect with some people that I have known since high school. Additionally, I should mention that I have full hookups (courtesy of my sister and brother in law), and there is a Walmart just a few miles away...... a full timers dream. And..... I take some satisfaction in finally getting some return on all of the health insurance premiums that I have paid for the last 15 years. Who knew that it would be one of my better investments. LOL

Anyway, life is about as good as it could be under the circumstances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jack!

It's funny, but when I read what you write I can hear your voice saying it. Who knew our personalities came out so clearly in our written words?

I'm so glad you are feeling better and I pray the trend continues day-by-day. I remember when I was in a similar situation, it seemed that something new (and not so pleasant) was hitting me every couple of days. But let me assure you that it did get better eventually even though it consumed me for such a long time.

BTW -- I am thrilled to have you back with us. Hope to get up for a visit next month.

J

JC said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, it lets me know that people are actually reading this blog