Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tired of Chemo

Well, it is my week to feel better..... I just past my “Tues off”, and will not get more chemo until next Tues. There is a, apparently, an accumulative effect of this type of chemo that is just kicking my butt.

I wanted to write an interesting blog piece, but am really only able to let you all know that I am still alive, and kicking. This will be my last cycle of chemo. Long day next Tues, and short day the Tues. after that. I will then have 4-6 weeks to recover, then a bilateral nephrectomy...... That is the medical term.... both kidneys come out, and, I am guessing that dialysis starts shortly thereafter.

I am meeting with a vascular surgeon on Fri to see about getting a “fistula”.

 http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Dialysis/Pages/How-haemodialysis-is-performed.aspx

Cut and paste for a good discussion of the dialysis procedure.

I am not sure when the next update will be.

No comments: