Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 4, 2010

The best possible news..... Cancer has not returned...... I just had my yearly check up, and received an “all clear”. I do not have to get my affairs in order, and can continue to live my usual disorderly life. I only wish that I could get an “all clear” on my financial check up as well.

It is an unsettling routine... go once a year, to see if you get to renew your lease on life, or get a 12 month notice to vacate your body. Maybe I should start a “bucket list” anyway.

I also found out that I need to go back into the hospital to get my belly fixed. The layers that were separated to install the mesh to fix my hernia, never properly healed. I now have about a gallon of fluid sloshing around between those layers. It is uncomfortable, and is ruining my normally slim figure.

I am going to try to have this done before the first of the year. Jan. 1, I am into a new year of deductibles..... I save a much needed $5000 if they can fit me in this year. Of course, this means that my plans to vacation in Az this winter may need to be abandoned.

Once again, “staying alive” is interfering with “living life”......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the very good news!

Any explanation as to why the healing didn't go as expected?

I can't remember my google password so I'm signing in as anonymous.

Peggy

JC said...

I forgot to ask.... guess that we are both getting old and losing our memory..... LOL

Claudia said...

Whoooh!! Great news that you are clear. Many of the WINS have been asking about you. I'll pass along the news. I hope you are able to get the surgery before the new year and if you do we will all certainly miss you in Yuma. If you don't have your surgery before the first of the year I hope you can make it to Yuma for at least a little while.

JC said...

Yup, good news.....

I am going into the hospital on Dec. 29th. Give my best the rest of the Wins, sorry that I can't be there. I am still going to try to get to Az. some time this winter. I hope that I can catch up to you all then.

Barbara and Ron said...

Congratulations on the 'all clear' report. Maybe we'll see you in Quartzsite after your fix.

JC said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for checking up on me, I know that you two can relate to the impact of ongoing medical issues. I can't tell you how much I miss traveling with the Wins.

Also, thanks for your blog, it is one of the places where I get some vicarious miles.