Monday, December 3, 2012

Dec. 3, 2012

Once again I have allowed my blog to fall behind the events in my life. I haven’t had any, and I mean any, energy for the last 6 months. Every day seemed endless, and I was unmotivated and tired from morning until night. Of course, I berate myself for not getting more done, and fall into a depression. Now it seems to make sense..... my normal “anesthesia hangover”. This happens to me every time, and every time, I can’t figure it out until I feel better. Oh well. At least I am consistent.  LOL

During my absence from this blog, an important anniversary has passed..... Oct. 12 my neo bladder had its 3rd birthday. I am happy to report that there is nothing to report. My youngest organ is doing its job without complaint.

The next big cancer thing is..... (and there always seems to be a “next big thing”).... My yearly cancer scan. Dec. 20 I present myself to the health care system for a serious cancer search. I am hoping that they find nothing.   Scan anxiety (scanxiety??) Is setting in.

Shoulder update......  next Wednesday I would have completed my 10 weeks with my arm in a sling. Actually, I gave myself a few days off for good behavior, and stopped wearing the sling last Thursday. Physical therapy just started last week...... only passive arm movement for now. The doc says I will need to be careful for 6 months, and can expect full use in one year. I will see him again on Tuesday, and hope for good news. It is hard to believe that a simple fall could take this large of a bite out of my life. I will once again endeavor to go with the half full philosophy.

In any event, I have spent the last 6 weeks doing about 10 days worth of work on an apartment that came vacant at exactly the wrong time..... I am sure that you have heard of the “one handed paper hanger”, well, I discovered that a one handed painter is not much more efficient.

The good news is...... last Thursday, I woke up with some energy. I was a bit shocked and scared. At first I was unable to identify the feeling, and felt that something was terribly wrong. I tried laying down for a bit, but kept having the urge to get up and do something. It took a while, but eventually I realized that this feeling was somewhat familiar. My brain started churning, and I found myself actually doing things that didn’t have to be done.

Winter is approaching, and I think that I have reduced the possibility of snow to near zero. I found my snow boots, and put snow chains in both the car and truck. Tomorrow I will locate my snow shovel, thus securing a mild winter.

2 comments:

ladynomad said...

Glad to hear things are going good. Hope your scan goes well, too. I know how injuries can be. I stepped out of a jeep wrong 6 months ago and its looking like i'm going to ultimately have orthoscopic surgery on my knee. Isn't it always something.

pdurant said...

John - Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor in all this trauma! Loved your comments about the "one-armed" painter and securing a mild winter!

Glad to hear that things are looking up at least a little.

Your sis, Peggy