Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hi all,

Well..... 3 month later, very limited use of right arm, and much physical therapy....... The repair of the tendon has failed! I go back under the knife next Wed. The 26th. Go to jail, go directly to jail..... 3 to 6 months for stupidity.

I think that it happened at the 6-8 week mark. At that point, I was out of the sling, and allowed to use my hand and fore arm. So.... I wanted a pickle with my lunch, and had trouble opening the jar. Of course, I could have done without the pickle, but, being true to my gender..... the obvious answer, MORE POWER. Keeping my right elbow carefully pinned to my side, as instructed, hold with the right hand, and twist with the left...... POP, PAIN, FOUL LANGUAGE, 40 seconds later, no pain, probably didn’t hurt anything, close one, have to be more careful.

So, back to the sling, and out of commission. I have to say that this is really not how I envisioned my “golden years” LOL. I am beginning to understand the “old people only talk about their operations” thing.... How are you.... What is new..... What happened to your arm..... Want to go kayaking?? Well since you ask.....

OK, this is a “medical issues” blog, but all is not doom and gloom medical stuff. Karen and I went on a nice motor home trip up the coast. We had a great time, and my dog, Maggie, discovered that “Dog Beaches” are the best thing ever.

Yes a new dog. A friend postulated that I finally got a dog when I decided that I was going to live a while longer. Nothing could be further from the truth, I was drugged and trapped.... I was on a kayak trip to a lake near Santa Barbara, tripped over a tent guy wire, tore rotator cuff. Next day, heavily sedated, I went with Karen and friend Judy to an animal shelter. Judy was looking for a new replacement dog. Karen, Judy, and the girl at the shelter instantly bonded, formed a pack, and surrounded me. The little terrier cross, with the “please save me” look, and 3 attractive women.... Well, I must say, in my drug induced haze, I was defenseless. I will now be trying to attach the leash to an excited little dog with my left hand.

2 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

Hey, John, good to hear from you, although sorry about the tendon problem. Oh, a dog, that will keep you busy. LOL

Hope it heals up soon.

Claudia said...

John, so glad to hear you are at least getting out and about and having some fun. Oh, how I miss having a dog...and dog really do help with stress. I guess no more pickles for you. LOL Take care.