Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 31, 2012

Hello all,

Under the category "Motorhome" ..... The answer is "rebuilt transmission, new water heater, electronic switch panel for leveling jacks, new starter, and as yet to be determined electrical repair". The question is....... "What does a motor home demand after 3 years of neglect". Karen and I had a couple of nice, short trips this past month. We spent a weekend with the Elks Lodge camping club, and a week exploring Yosemite. The mechanical problems were annoying, but it was still a good time, and it was good to see a different view for a while.

I have rescheduled my shoulder surgery for June 6, at 11:00 am. This is routine stuff for the pros at USC, and I don't expect anything exciting to take place. My arm will be in a sling for about 6 weeks, and I will have limited use for several months thereafter. I sincerely hope that reports of the aftermath by family and friends are greatly exaggerated. In any event, I have a long list of chores that can be done with one arm..... mostly 3 years of catching up on paper work. I really mean it this time...LOL

I may, once again, enter the legal arena. A property next to one of my rentals has a failed retaining wall and fence that are falling into/onto my property. Probably a $10,000 to $15,000 problem. The property is now owned by Bank of America. The previous owner kept promising to get it fixed, but..... I guess that she knew she would be out of there soon, so why bother. I don't think that B of A  will fix it with out a fight. Anyway, it has the makings of an interesting contest, after all, banks have always made demands on me, and it will feel good sending them a demand letter.

I will be staying with Karen for a while after the surgery, but will have my phone and computer available.


No comments: