Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

This week finds me mostly healthy and happy.

Once again an interesting weekend, and of course, once again I forgot the camera. But being the resourceful guy that I am, I imposed on my friend Carl to record the grand event.

The event was the wedding (yes, some people still get married) of my friends Kelly and Ellie.... Do not stop reading here!! It is not like a slide presentation of a family reunion.

The wedding was held at a friends (a very remarkable couple) house near the top of an 8000 ft. mountain.... 4 miles of dirt road, 3000 ft. elevation gain, way off of the grid, solar powered, and all self contained. As you might guess, snow plays a leading role in "Life on the Mountain". The pictures will speak for themselves. (Click on the pics. for a better view)

The ceremony, and a view of Lockwood Valley.... My land is located in the small clear area at the upper, center of the picture. Frazier park is to the left of the tree. (In true Frazier Park style, Kelly chose to go with casual dress)


View of Cuddy Valley, and the comunity of Pinion Pines (West of Frazier Park, at the center of Pic.)


View of the house from the East


View of house from the South


Solar power.... over 2000 watts


Very serious snow plow


8 wheel drive!!! actually rides on top of the snow


And me

All in all, it was a perfect day..... the ceremony lasted less than 5 minutes, there was plenty of food, drink, and conversation, and I could wear a t-shirt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John - You look great! No one would ever guess to see you know how much you've been through in the last 18 months! Good to see you looking so trim and fit! Almost down to your wrestling weight I bet.

Peggy - (I can't remember my google password, so it won't let me sign in....so I'm commenting as anonymous)

JC said...

Yup, getting sick is a great way to lose weight.... LOL But you are right, I do feel good. Thanks for the comment,

Barbara and Ron said...

How cool! And you do look good, although getting sick doesn't seem like the easiest way to lose weight. :-D

Claudia said...

Yep you do look good! See what eating a few vegetable will do for you. LOL. I think you gave me your lost pounds. Traveling in Alaska and eating the wonderful pies and cinnamon rolls is not an easy lifestye.