Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23, 2010

Owens River

Owens River

The base of Whitney

Japanese garden remnants at Manzanar internment camp

Mono lake

Happy days are here again..... for my creditors at least. The house sale is complete, and I can start paying my overdue bills on Monday. This past year has been an uphill run, and it is quite a relief to win one of the battles.

On the diabetes front, it looks like I have two choices..... a careful diet, and no medications, or a more relaxed diet, and moderate medication. So far, I am down to medication only once a day, and am trying to transition to no meds. It seems that my activity level makes a huge difference.

The “base of Whitney” expedition met with much early success, and was expanded to include the entire south eastern slope of the sierras. This grueling and dangerous undertaking included not just the natural terrain, (mountains, rivers, snow, hot springs, high winds, and lakes) but also man made obstacles such as restaurants, museums, and various retail outlets. It was exhausting, but well worth the effort.

5 comments:

pdurant said...

Your pictures are stunningly beautiful!

Glad to see you are the conquering hero of the base of Whitney - what an achievement! lol

Also, good to hear the diabetes is being managed and your financial picture is better. Can I have a loan until my brother straightens up?

Barbara and Ron said...

Cool!

pdurant said...

John - My email to you bounced back - some issue with hotmail refusing to process emails from atlanticbb.net. The engineers are working on it....but for the time being I can receive your emails, but I can't answer them.


Good news. Keep us posted.

JC said...

Thanks Peg, I was wondering why I didn't hear from you.....

Patty Ann said...

Good to hear you're back in the "groove" again. Great pictures.