Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29, 2009

Two weeks and counting...... seems a little bit like a “Twilight Zone” episode.... I, apparently, signed up as “victim” in a knife fight, and, in the Zone, there is no backing out.

Really though, I am staying busy making preparations for being “out of commission” for a couple of months. My friends, Carl and Kathy, have invited me to park across the street from their house...... I will be in town, and near my friends that have kindly offered to look after me. They offered me their guest room, but you all know me, I would just be too uncomfortable in a house.

Carl and I spent yesterday putting in an electrical service. There are definite advantages to owning a backhoe, and living in a town with dirt streets. Carl and I tracked down most of the neighbors and advised them that this was only temporary..... Well, this is Frazier Park, and they could have easily thought this was permanent.... OK, it could be permanent, depending on how my finances go. LOL Anyway, we are hoping that “code enforcement” has better things to do.

I have 8-10 friends that have offered to check in and see if there is anything that I need.... I am thinking.... Wash and wax the motor home, change the oil in the car, shampoo the carpets, etc. guess that I will need to make a list.

The BK is going about as expected, the meeting of creditors has been pushed to Nov. 23, and the confirmation hearing has been pushed to Dec. 9. I am hopeful that the “relief of stay” hearing will stay on schedule for Oct. 6. If so, I may be able to complete the foreclosure, and put some money in the bank.... Well, just long enough to pay some bills. LOL I did, however, make a deal with UPMC, to make monthly payments for 6 months. This will keep my credit rating in tact while I try to force Health Net to honor their obligation.

I can't say enough about the people in my life...... I don't know what I would do without them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep praying for you bro! Love you so much and wish you could be here (though I do understand why you are in CA). :-)

Judy

JC said...

Thanks Judy, As you probably know, things are pretty anxious around here.
I have a good support system here, but I sure miss my family
Can't wait for this to be over.... JC

terrilynn said...

Well I am finally catching up on your blogs........I suppose you are going to add clean the shower and toilet to the list.........hehe!
Seriously, any thing you need, you will get if it is in my power to be able to give it to you. I will be praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts.
Love ya, Terri